Can you spot the differences in two mentorship type requests I received last week?
The first request is clear and actionable:
- It gives me easy times to choose from;
- The times are in my time zone (Pacific), even though the requester is not;
- It was sent to my business email, so makes it easy for me to check my calendar;
- Even the title of the email conveys everything I need to know.
The second request is vague and not actionable:
- “When are you free?” is such an open ended question;
- It was texted to me, even though I shared my business email in the text and said calendaring is faster that way.
I know both requesters and will talk to them both.
I reached out to the second person and explained this to them too.