Experience of a typical executive v experience of typical employee
The experience of a typical executive coming into the office is SO DIFFERENT from the experience of a typical employee.
- gets out of their nice suburban house,
- walks by rose bushes,
- drives their smooth car,
- takes a call during the drive and feels productive,
- parks on-site, and
- rolls into the office like a BOSS!
Typical employee (especially if a mom or a parent):
- wakes up at 5 am to prep meals,
- walks in the cold/rain to public transport station,
- takes public transport that’s in awful condition,
- walks in the cold/rain from public transport station to office,
- rolls in already EXHAUSTED.
There’s a REAL DISCONNECT between executives’ desire to return to office, and everyone else’s desire for flexibility.